Marek Kręglewski graduated in chemistry at the Adam Mickiewicz University (AMU) in Poznań, Poland, in 1972, where he works since then. He completed the Ph.D. in 1978 and habilitation in 1986. Now he holds a position of full professor at the Faculty of Chemistry. He worked for several research institution: University of Florida (1979-80), Herzberg Institute of NRCC in Ottawa (1983), University of Reading (1983), University of Kiel as a Humboldt fellow (1987-1989). He taught by invitation at the University of Lille (1994-1996).
Throughout his professional career, he held various academic positions being vice-rector of AMU for 9 years (1993-96 and 2005-08), Secretary of the Conference of Polish Universities Rectors (1999-2002, 2005-2016 and since 2020), and Director of the Interuniversity Centre for Informatics (since 2002), which is a consortium of 20 Polish universities creating a computer software for the management of universities.
In 2015 he was elected the President of the Compostela Group of Universities (CGU), where he had previously served as Treasurer and member of the Executive Committee.
His research covers theoretical chemistry, quantum chemical calculation, high resolution molecular spectroscopy and computer tools for spectroscopy. His particular interest is linked to floppy molecules performing large amplitude vibrations. He developed several theoretical models and respective computer software explaining high resolution rovibrational spectra of these molecules what enabled assignments of spectra of molecules like methylamine and hydrazine consisting of several thousands of lines.
- M.Kręglewski, I.Gulaczyk,„Multi-dimensional proton tunneling in 2-methylmalonaldehyde”, J.Mol.Struct. 1220 (2020) 128733
- I.Gulaczyk, M.Kręglewski, V.-M.Horneman, „ Second torsional state of methylamine from high resolution spectra”, J.Quant.Spectrosc.Radiat.Transf. 217, 321-328 (2018)
- M.Kręglewski, I. Gulaczyk, „Inversion-torsional motion in the ethyl radical”, Chem.Phys.Lett. 592, 307–313 (2014)
- I.Gulaczyk, M. Kręglewski, „Theoretical analysis of the proton transfer and internal rotation in 2-methylmalonaldehyde”, Chem.Phys.Lett. 583, 180-184 (2013)
- Gulaczyk, M. Kręglewski, V.-M. Horneman, „The C–N stretching band of methylamine”, J.Mol.Spectrosc. 270, 70–74 (2011)
- Gulaczyk, W.Łodyga, M. Kręglewski, V.-M. Horneman, „Reinvestigation of the wagging band of methylamine”, Mol.Phys. 108, 2389-2394 (2010) (invited article)
- W. Łodyga, M. Kręglewski, P. Pracna and Š. Urban, “Advanced graphical software for assignments of transitions in rovibrational spectra” J.Mol.Spectrosc. 243, 182-188 (2007)
- M. Kręglewski, „Vibration - Inversion - Torsion - Rotation Energy Levels and Vibrational Resonances in the Methyl Amine Molecule”, in "Structures and Conformations of Non-Rigid Molecules", p.29-43 ,ed. J.Laane, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1993
- M. Kręglewski, „Correlation diagrams for quasi‑symmetric top molecules”, J.Mol.Spectrosc. 105, 8‑23 (1984)
- W. Łodyga, M. Kręglewski, “Two-dimensional inversion potential function for hydrazine determined from rotation-vibration spectra”,Chemical Physics Letters 210 , 303-306 (1993)