The Polish-U.S. Fulbright Commission invites Master’s and PhD students of life sciences, biophysics and medical fields of study to submit applications for the BioLAB 2023-24 Program. The call for applications lasts until February 1, 2023.
The BioLAB program allows to complete a one-year research internship in a laboratory located in one of four institutions in the US:
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- University of Chicago, Chicago
- University of Texas: Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
- Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City
During the internship, students conduct independent research in laboratories. Results of the research are often published in peer-reviewed scientific journals. In addition, students take an active part in the life of the host institution, participate in seminars, guest lectures and learn about American culture. In some cases, students have the opportunity to use the research results for their Master's/PhD dissertation at their home university.
Participation in the Program includes:
- Scholarship in amount of $28,000 - $35,000
- Full medical insurance
- Travel allowance (for Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation’s grantees only)
- Assistance in obtaining an F-1 or J-1 visa for a stay in the US (the cost of issuing a visa is covered by the student)
- Pre-departure orientation conducted by the Fulbright Commission staff and alumni of the program
- Help during the program offered by the host insitution’s representatives
Students who would like to apply should:
- Meet the formal requirements for an F-1 or J-1 visa,
- Study life sciences, biophysics or medical fields of study (biology, chemistry, pharmacy, medicine, etc.),
- Hold, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree (licencjat/inżynier degree if the studies were completed in Poland) and at the time of interview (March 2023) will be a student of a Master’s or PhD degree at a Polish university or research institution and maintain an active student status during the program,
- Obtained a high GPA (recommended - 4.0 or higher),
- Demonstrate knowledge of English at the proficiency level (minimum B2).
The application form and all the necessary information can be found at https://fulbright.edu.pl/biolab-program/