CERS – 8th Central European Conference on Regional Science "Resilience of cities and regions in an uncertain time"
Co-organized by: the Faculty of Human Geography and Planning, European Regional Science Association – Polish Section, Hungarian Regional Science Association and Slovak Section of ERSA
21-23 November 2022
CERS have a long tradition and is organized every 2-3 years in one of the Visegrad countries. The previous edition of the conference was held in Sopron, Hungary in 2019. The idea of the conference is to promote research in the field of Regional Science. It is also a good point for the consolidation of many groups of scientists working on human and economic geography, spatial management, spatial economy, regional and urban economy, demography, spatial planning, architecture, and ecology.
The conference is fully online.
- Contemporary and future challenges for cities and regions: Are we ready for them?
- Cities and regions facing the economic crisis and global epidemic,
- Cities and regions in climate change,
- Circular economy for resilient cities,
- Uncertainty in local and regional policies,
- Urban and regional development,
- Demography, migration and social inequalities,
- Innovation, entrepreneurship and regional competitiveness,
- Spatial planning, sustainable development and ecological transition,
- Rural regions and their development,
- Culture, tourism, health and education in an uncertain time,
- Land use, transport, mobility and accessibility,
- Perspectives on shrinking cities development,
- Regional finance, fiscal issues, investment and capital markets,
- The digital world, digital region and digital society,
- Methods and models in regional science and urban economics,
- Ukraine and CEE countries in the face of war.
More information here.