Curiosity builds bridges
International Scientific and Educational Conference
Co-organized by: the Faculty of Biology, Deutschsprachige Gesellschaft für kontextuelle Verhaltenswissenschaften and Association of Contextual Behavior Science Poland
8-11 September 2022
The aim of the conference is to build cooperation and connections between:
- all those interested in ACT, RFT, contextual behavior science,
- students of biological, medical and psychosocial faculties,
- German-speaking and Polish cultural context,
- science and psychotherapy,
- research on the human body (i.e. neurobiology, evolution, genetics) and mind (psychology),
- medical and psychological approach to health problems.
Particular emphasis will be placed on integrating human biology and health research with practical applications of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and other Third Wave CBT approaches.
The conference will also include lectures by renowned scientists and psychotherapists.
David Sloan Wilson, Edmund Sonuga-Barke, Matthew Skinta and Maria Karekla have confirmed their participation in the conference!
We want to share our experience, have fun, train and engage in common values. We also want the conference to provide as many opportunities for professional and personal meeting as possible, even in the face of language barriers, to be able to learn from and with each other. Selected events will be translated into other languages, others will be offered in one, two or even three languages (English, German or Polish).
We plan many accompanying events, i.e. follies, city tours, yoga, and lectures open to the residents of the City of Poznań as well as activities supporting ecology.