Filologia angielska, specjalność Theatre and Drama in English - studia w języku angielskim
The aim of the programme is to give students a comprehensive knowledge of the dramatic and theatrical practices in English. The programme has been created as a response to the contemporary shift in focus from the study of drama as a part of literary studies towards the study of theatrical performance as a more complex cultural phenomenon. The courses will focus on theories and histories of theatre and performance. The students will also be offered some practice-based study units.
Our programme is designed in accordance with international standards of Theatre Studies as an academic discipline, namely the way it is taught and researched at English-speaking universities. The project is carried out in cooperation with the School of Performing Arts, University of Malta, which will give our students the opportunity to follow part of the programme under the supervision of some of the best teachers and researchers in the field of Theatre and Performance Studies.What can you get from it?
Our students will be offered:
- drama courses offering a study of plays, both recent and classic, in their social and historical contexts,
- courses focusing upon the theatre event, including the most recent developments in postdramatic theatre and immersive theatres,
- courses taking the academic study further to study performance, including performative aspects of social life,
- practical classes that offer a possibility to understand plays and performances by exploring them on stage,
- assistance and supervision of individual students’ research within MA and supplementary seminars,
- English as a Foreign Language Courses at Proficiency Level (C2),
- courses in French, German, Spanish or Russian at the B1 level
Thanks to our students’ proficiency in English, merged with specialized courses offered by our Theatre and Drama in English programme, our graduates will be prepared to work within an ever expanding cultural sector not only in Poland, but also abroad.