The results of the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2023 have been published. Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, has been ranked in six disciplines. It is a significant change compared to last year's ranking, in which only two fields were distinguished.
This year's classification includes:
- Natural Science, within the following categories:
- Atmospheric Science: 301-400
- Ecology: 201-300
- Geography: 201-300
- Mathematics: ranked 301-400
- Social Sciences within the disciplines of:
- Communicaton: 201-300
- Education: 301-400.
In five of the six ranked spheres, AMU ranked first in the country, except Mathematics (4th-5th position).
The compilation ranks universities by assessing them within 54 disciplines in the following subjects: Natural Sciences, Engineering, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences and Social Sciences.
Five indicators under consideration are:
- Q1: Number of articles published by the institution in first-quartile journals.
- CNCI: Average normalised impact factor for the category. The ratio of citations to the average quotations of articles in the same classification, over a specified period, and for the same kind of publication.
- IC: Ratio of the number of publications that have resulted from collaborations between authors from at least two further countries to the total number of publications in the field for the institution.
- TOP: The number of articles published in the top journals in a given field.
- AWARD: The total number of staff at an institution that has succeeded in a significant honour in a given field.
The GRAS ranking is available at: https://www.shanghairanking.com/rankings/gras/2023