On 19 April, the Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology will participate in the 'Daffodils' action as part of the 80th anniversary of the outbreak of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
The event is organised in cooperation with the Polin Museum, the Jewish Community in Poznań, the Miasteczko Poznań Association, the Janusz Korczak Thought Centre, the Barak Kultury Foundation and the "Dabru Emet" Jewish Culture and Literature Enthusiasts Circle at AMU.
Programme of the event:
- opening of the commemoration of the 80th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising by the Dean of the Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology, Prof Tomasz Mizerkiewicz, Main Hall of Collegium Maius.
- Opening of exhibitions on the Warsaw Ghetto (Polin Museum) and on the participation of Jews from Poznań and Wielkopolska in the Jewish resistance movement (Miasteczko Poznań Association), Main Hall of Collegium Maius,
- the opening of the exhibition Marek Edelman. The Unbowed Man 1919-2009 (Polin Museum), Vrtel-Wierczyński Passage,
- the opening of an exhibition of publications on the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, The Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology Library Lending Room.
- Prof. Katarzyna Kuczyńska-Koschany - mini-lecture on the ghetto uprising, Sala Kuraszkiewicza.
11.15-14-15, Sala Kuraszkiewicza:
- The joint reading of poetry, prose and memoirs about the Warsaw Ghetto.
- In Time for God - animation show (18 min.).
- "Get out of the ghetto" (Marek Edelman, Józef Hen, Piotr Graff, Katarzyna Meloch) - multimedia presentation (directed by Dorota Latour) - the presentation can also be viewed by downloading the QR code, and on YouTube of the Faculty of Polish and Classical Philology.
Everyone is invited to the Daffodils stand located in the main hall. There you will be able to assemble or receive a paper yellow daffodil yourself - a symbol of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
- Screening of films about the Warsaw Ghetto:
- "In Time for God" - animation (screenplay by Agnieszka Matan, Polin Museum, 18 min.),
- "Get out of the ghetto" (Marek Edelman, Józef Hen, Piotr Graff, Katarzyna Meloch) - multimedia presentation (dir. Dorota Latour),
- "I will write" (written and directed by Marta Ejchart, Artur Mikulski, Polin Museum, 10-12 years old, 15,14 min.),
- "Muranów. Dzielnica Północna' (realised by Łukasz Kamil Kamiński, 14+, Polin Museum, 25,46 min.),
- 'There Was No Hope. The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising 1943' (dir. Kama Veymont, Polin Museum, 29,41 min.).
- "Around In Time to Die Before God. Meeting with Hanna Krall and Mariusz Szczygieł - Auditorium of the Polin Museum, streaming.