Master of Science in Biotechnology
|Level of studies: second-cycle studies|
Type of studies: full-time (weekdays)
Duration: 2 years
|Language of instruction: English|
Professional title: master (magister)
Educational profile: general academic
|Tuition Fee 3000 PLN|
MSc study programme introduces you to the biomedical aspects of biotechnology. The programme covers the latest concepts, achievements, and methodologies of medical biotechnology. It will develop the necessary practical skills in biomedical and molecular biology techniques, project management, will give a hands-on experience with commonly used as well as sophisticated instrumentation, and will explore the requirements of bioeconomy and biotechnological legislation. Programme finishes with an MSc title.
Degree course assets
Alumni will be equipped with practical skills to apply novel biotechnology and molecular biology techniques in practice. They will be well prepared to design and realize research projects and are familiar with law regulations in biotechnology field. They will be eligible to continue education for PhD degree, and will be valuable employees in research institutions and commercial companies. Excellent skills in scientific English will help them to develop career in international environment.
Selected study areas
- Developmental biology,
- Animal models of human diseases,
- Human molecular genetics,
- Molecular therapies,
- New generation pharmaceuticals,
- Structural biology,
- High - throughput technologies in biotechnology ,
- Business of biotechnology: fundamentals (bioeconomy),
- Advanced course in scientific English.
Alumni are well prepared for work in Poland and abroad in broad range of institutions:
- at universities and scientific institutes,
- to continue education within PhD programmes,
- in biological and biotechnological laboratories (analytics, diagnostics),
- in companies from biotechnology, pharmacy and chemistry fields,
- knowledge from studies will help to start own biotechnology company.
Student's Affair Office, email: email@example.com
Address: ul. Uniwersytetu Poznańskiego 6,
+48 61 829 59 50